With all the negativity in the world, it can sometimes be hard to have a positive outlook. When you turn on the television, you see crime, death and war. You open the newspaper and you can read about the same things. Combined with problems we may face daily with our job, marriage or children it can seem easier to join the crowd of negative complainers.
However, we can stay positive and happy regardless of our surroundings.
Here are a few ways to find the positive around you:
- Turn off the television: again, we are bombarded with negative imagery in the news and in popular television shows and movies
- Laugh: as the old saying goes, ‘Laughter is the best medicine’. Tell a silly joke to your kids, spouse or crabby boss. A laugh goes a long way to changing negative attitudes.
- Leave a good feeling behind: end a letter, email or meeting on a positive note.
- Take Notice of the good in Life: stop and be present while having a good meal with family or friends, enjoy playing with your newborn nephew. When you stop and take notice of these happy situations, you can appreciate them more and more of these positive things will increase in your life!
- Smile MORE: if you make an effort to do this simple gesture, you’d be surprised at the POSITIVE responses you receive from others.
If you simply look for positive things in life, you will find them.