In the wake of the horrific events of Orlando, many conversations in the grocery store line, the break room and social media include questions like, ‘What if that were my family?’ ‘What would I do in a situation like that?”
Unfortunately, we are living in frightening world that is lacking love and kindness.
However, many are also asking the question, ‘How can I share more love in my world?’
Here are 5 easy ways to be kind in a harsh world:
- Smile. Even at someone we don’t know. Sometimes a simple smile can make someone’s day.
- Write a handwritten letter on stationary to a relative or friend you’ve lost touch with and send it in the mail.
- Spend time with a child. Not only will this make the little one happy, but it’ll do your heart good too to laugh over a heated game of Old Maid, UNO or Candy Land!
- Buy the coffee for the person behind you at the coffee shop.
- Check in on an elderly neighbor and ask if you can help with a task around the yard or their home.
Don’t forget to be kind to your family and yourself. Sure, go ahead and buy that new lipstick and dance around your bathroom to Justin Bieber…we won’t judge as long as it makes you happy!
Remember…you are capable and all that is possible for you is one faith-filled step away.